SKU: FORZA-8 OSD Forza 8" Omni Outdoor Subwoofer w/ Crossover 250W, 2x Speaker Output, IP65 Rated, Bronze
Frequently Bought Together
Click each item to view details and options
- LS3-B Landscape 60W IP65-rated Outdoor Landscape Speaker Pair with Mounting Hardware, Bronze Color $66.02
- 14/2 Speaker Wire Outdoor Rated CL2/CL3 In Wall Direct Burial Oxygen Free, Black/White (50ft-500ft) $21.99
- OSD Audio KI-14 Waterproof Outdoor Wire Nut Connectors, Fits Up To 14AWG, 2 Pairs $8.71
- Rated IP65
- An all-weather passive omni-directional outdoor subwoofer
- Radiates immersive bass in a 360° direction
- Enjoy high-quality sound with well-defined lows in the backyard, porch or poolside
- Handles up to 250 Watts of power
- Includes 8” woofer and advanced crossover network
- Hides in gardens, grass, and eco-friendly desert landscapes
- Reinforced antique bronze enclosure withstands harsh environments
- Easy to install
The FORZA8 is a compact but powerful outdoor in-ground subwoofer that delivers outstanding bass with up to 250 Watts of power handling and a built-in crossover network to filter low frequencies and enhance your outdoor sound experience. Easy to pair with existing Omni satellite speakers like our FORZA850 Omni speaker, adding the FORZA8 can make a remarkable difference in the sound quality of an outdoor system because it handles the bass and allows existing speakers to focus on mid and high frequencies. If you’re worried about the elements damaging the sub, fear not. The FORZA8 is built of a heavy-duty ABS plastic that is specially treated and sealed to protect components from water, dust, dirt, snow, and anything else mother nature throws at it. Whether you’re watching a movie outside with the neighbors or simply chilling poolside with tunes, you’ll notice the difference in sound quality to second you hit “play” and actually hear the music over the bubbling noise of the hot tub or windy backyard patio.
Why Add an Outdoor Subwoofer?
There’s nothing like listening to your favorite tunes while gardening or relaxing on the deck or by the pool. However, a good outdoor sound system can be transformed into great simply by adding a subwoofer. Unlike satellite outdoor speakers that produce mid and high frequencies, the subwoofer has one job—to produce bass notes. Because the sub handles the low frequencies, your other speakers can focus the frequencies they are designed to reproduce, those mids and highs. The result is a crisper, more immersive experience from music and movie soundtracks.
What Is an Omni Subwoofer?
Omni-directional speakers radiate sound evenly in a 360° pattern. Omni speakers are well suited for outdoor environments which have acoustic properties that are difficult to control. Unlike your living room where directional speakers distribute sound by reflecting off walls and other surfaces, outdoor speakers function in open spaces without walls to reflect sound or carpet to absorb it. In addition, with directional speakers, you’ll hear sound from the speaker you’re close to but may struggle to hear the other channel. Because Omni speakers disperse sound in all directions, you’ll hear great sound whether you’re sitting down or walking around the backyard.
Do I need special cable to run outdoor speakers?
We strongly recommend our direct burial,CL3/FT4 waterproof cable and wire connectors that are designed for the outdoors. Our speaker wire uses a specially formulated UV-resistant, white polyethylene jacket that provides protection against water damage and allows the cables to withstand extreme weather conditions like rain, snow and high temperatures and incorporate twice the insulation of average cable. If you plan to bury the cable, OSD recommends you bury it 4-6" underground so that it's not visible nor pose a danger of somebody tripping over it. Our speaker cable is ideal to use in direct burial applications. As for the gauge, for runs up to 100 feet for background music, 16-gauge will be fine. If the run is approaching or exceeding 100 feet, we suggest 14-gauge wire.
Add Volume Controls
Volume controls can be a great addition to a system providing both proper impedance matching and more hands-on local control of the volume in the listening area. We offer a great selection of outdoor volume controls to choose from here!!
Warning: California's Proposition 65
This product can expose you to chemicals, including vinyl chloride, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Speaker Type: 8" Omnidirectional Partial In-Ground Subwoofer
- Woofer: 8" Polypropylene
- Frequency Response: 50Hz - 250Hz (crossover at 250Hz)
- Power Handling: 250 Watts
- Sensitivity: 1w/1m 88dB +/- 3
- Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Radiates immersive bass in a 360° direction
- UV-resistant ABS, impact-resistant enclosure
- Sold As: Single
- Color: Antique Bronze
- Unit Dimensions: (L x H x D) 14" x 17" x 14"
- Weight: 13.5 lbs
- Warranty: 1 Year
No Questions asked yet!